Monday, March 16, 2009

MSS

Art by Michaelo

You know what's the most annoying thing about being a med student? The perpetual feeling of not knowing anything medical almost cuts it but the title is held by MMS

That's right, kids. Medical Students' Syndrome. In Russia we call it the Third Year Disease. Third year of Russian medical school is when we start learning about the doctor-y stuff. 

So, being a med student, all this bunch of new information pouring in creates a hypochondria of the worst degree. [Hypochondria - Excessive worry about having serious illness]

Whenever we pee more than normal, no, it's not the coffee we've been chugging: it's Diabetes.

Whenever we cough - Tuberculosis, Pneumonia

Headache - High blood pressure, Meningitis [!]

Sneeze - we check our motor-function, in case an aneurysm exploded.

Hell, if we feel hot, we check our damned thyroid! That's how much of a hypochondriac we are!

And worst of all, we know that this Syndrome exists. So, we don't want to go to the doctor but at the same time, we can't sit still. How fucked up is that?

A lecturer told me that doctors are usually admitted with the rarest or the worst forms of diseases. Well, duh! It's this bloody syndrome's fault!

____________________________________________________________________

I don't know why I feel this information is related to the post but what the hell, it's my blog:

During the Children's Diseases lecture on breastfeeding, I could hear myself think, "Damn, now I cannot just adopt a child!"[and thus remaining asexual]

2 comments:

~An9eL~ said...

Well then,my symptoms are much milder. I still do normal stuff - like when I sneeze, I wonder who cursed me.

Fuzzy A! said...

Ok, the sneeze thing is an exaggeration la. But I really did check once because my neuro cycle just ended and I had a terrible cold that my head was aching from all sides.