Thursday, March 26, 2009

Self Image

I sometimes feel like such a douche. Like right now, I'm listening to Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake Waltz. I question my enjoyment of it. Does every drum beat move me or do I have it in my collection because that's what people of taste have?

I've read some heavy stuff, comparatively. Take Plato's Lysis for example. Did I read it because I was curious on Plato's thoughts on friendship or so that I can tell people I've read Plato?

English as a language. Do I correct people wen dey tok lik dis because I can't stand it or is it because I want to show people that my English, at least in written form, is better than average?

In every situation the former and the latter arguments have it merit, or so it seems to me.

What do you think?

4 comments:

the mosaicist said...

I've read some heavy stuff, comparatively. Take Plato's Lysis for example. Did I read it because I was curious on Plato's thoughts on friendship or so that I can tell people I've read Plato?

it has to be a little bit of both kot i dont think one can go without the other. i get pissed if people have read something i have no knowledge about, and i'll go around looking for the material so i could see what the fuss is all about.

geddit? my curiosity of what one author have to say about something will inevitably end up with me being the one to initiate a conversation which will sound something like this: "hey have you read so and so he's pretty awesome when it comes to blablablabla,".

Fuzzy A! said...

Oklah, at least I didn't go berlagak to people, hoho. But seriously, I get what you're saying. Thanks for replying.

Anonymous said...

Like right now, I'm listening to Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake Waltz.

A few months back I became really obsessed with Tchaikovsky! Ha. After that it was Debussy, and now I'm obsessed with Coldplay after I kept saying how whiny they were (I took it back).

And I don't know why I'm telling you this.

Anyway, love your blog!

Fuzzy A! said...

That's quite a leap, ain't it? From Debussy to Coldplay, I mean. Haha. Well, somebody described to me that Existence itself as a Great Song, THE Great Song and that's why we're attracted to beautiful music.

Yes, this has nothing to do with your comment.

Welcome, anyways.