Sunday, October 04, 2009

Peer Bloody Pressure

I'm waiting for Old Yeller to finish torrenting, so I'll crap a bit here.

You know what bugs me? Peer Pressure.

Peer Pressure bugs me to no end. And the worst kind of Peer Pressure is when the Peers succeed in Pressuring you until you don't even realize that it was Peer Pressure.



I was at the Malaysian students' Raya celebration thingy just now. There was a rather friendly girl, newly arrived, still laughing out loud, still retorting to my comments. Somebody you'd like to be friends with, in short.

Then a friend asked me whether I noticed the free-haired girl, that is to say, the Malay girl not wearing a tudung/hijab.

I told him I hate that term, free-hair, but yes, I did notice her.

He then proceeded to say that it's a pity that the girl's going to be brainwashed into one of them.

And I couldn't agree with him more.

Someone I would have once described as a friend turned from a rather bubbly free-hair, unafraid of making jokes and hanging out in a guy's room into a one-syllable freak who's always smiling insincerely at everything and, of course, the free-hair had to go.

Now, some might say this is an improvement. I would argue that point. If the girl herself took the initiative to go down that path, I'd say, "You go, girl!". But the problem in case is that it's damn obvious that it's peer pressure.

Thank you, peer pressure. You made me lost a friend.

4 comments:

L said...

aren't u in volgograd?

(a bit random, but whatever.)

Fuzzy A! said...

Very, yes, perempuan ampang. Why? Are you trying to be my second stalker?

And this bloody thing happens in Volgo, too.

L said...

lol no.

my friend just got into volgograd, that's all. :)

Fuzzy A! said...

There's too many Malaysians in Volgograd nowadays. Haih...