Monday, March 08, 2010

FuckyouworldImawesome

That's actually the name of the latest playlist I made. I got inspired to compile this after taking one too many stabs at one of the things I secretly am sensitive about.


Now, I suspect I'm very easily affected by music and maybe I am but seriously, after a week or two listening largely to this playlist, I can honestly say I've never felt this good about myself ever since I hit puberty. Hell, ever since I entered high school, I'd say. I feel like sharing this.



The spearhead of this playlist and, indeed, its avatar must be Beautiful by Christina Aguilera. Other songs sing of saying no more or standing up for who you are/what you believe in or believing that, in the words of Bon Jovi, "Yeah, I'm down but I know I'll get by." Or at least that's my interpretation of some of the songs that don't seem to fit this category.

So, here goes:



Christina Aguilera - Beautiful

Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
Chris Colfer - Defying Gravity
Julie Andrews - I Have Confidence In Me
Glee and Journey versions - Don't Stop Believing
Sweetbox - Everything's Gonna be Alright
Glee version of Charlie Chaplin's - Smile
Lighthouse Family - High
Queen - Don't Try Suicide
Queen - Somebody to Love
Queen - We are the Champions
Queen - The Show Must Go On
Mariah Carey - When You Believe
Bon Jovi - Someday I'll be Saturday Night
Hunchback of Notre Dame - Out There
Blues Gang - Apo Nak Dikato
Bob Dylan - Blowin' in the Wind
Bob Marley - Get Up Stand Up
Bob Marley - Redemption Song
Cher - Believe
Des'ree - You Gotta Be
Jason Mraz - The Remedy
Lily Allen - Smile
Matt Costa - Mr. Pitiful
Monty Python - Always Look On the Bright Side of Life
Neil Diamond - I'm a Believer
Nina Simone - Ain't Got No, I Got Life [Groovefinder Remix]
Lion King - Hakuna Matata
Shania Twain - That Don't Impress Me Much
Elvis Costello + Burt Bucharach - I'll Never Fall in Love Again
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Zee Avi - I Am Me Once More
Pete Seeger - We Shall Overcome
Bon Jovi - Have A Nice Day
Bon Jovi - We Weren't Born to Follow

Meredith Brooks -  Bitch
R Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly


I youtubed that video and realized that the Goth dude and the gay couple was omitted from Malaysian MTV. I find that obscenely hilarious.

No comments: