Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gorno


What is this fascination with gore that we all, whether we admit it or not, have?

What's with our obsession with observing people's plight, while condemning it verbally or mentally as if assuring ourselves that we're not as sick as these people?

Are we, though?

If we're not, why then do we post these videos on Facebook? Why do we forward those e-mails? Why do we read the court reports?

I myself am not a gorno virgin but, to continue the sexual analogy, I'm more of the high school senior, who had sex a couple of times and probably did very bad at it.

The peak of my gorno experience is that snuff video of the three Ukrainian boys killing the homeless dude. Not an experience I would like to repeat, mind you. And there I go, assuring people and myself that I'm not as sick as these people.

What is it with this sickness?

No comments: