Friday, December 19, 2008

How to combat winter depression

These few days I've been plagued with winter depression. No, not as horrible as my prep-first-year years, not really a depression, also. More of a slight blue funk than depression, really. 

Then, today, to make matters worse, today I feel the encroaching army of sickness. You know the feeling: not-really-sore throat; a general not-so-weak weakness; not-really-pain in your muscles, or in my case fat flaps; that warm-not-in-a-good-way thing that's trapped in you. Yeah, sickness precognition wtf.

So, I decided to get out of my emotional and physical bummed-up mojo on the way to the bathroom. And no, I didn't raise my spirits traditionally. You can't get it up when you're feeling all sick and stuff. 

I decided to shower in a colder temperature than comfortable: cold showers are always refreshing. Got rid of that sick feeling right away.

Now, to battle the aforementioned slight blue funk: I set this as my wallpaper:



Now the faithful readers of my blogdrive blog would understand this but I'll explain it to you anyway. 

These are cosplayers potraying the Legend of Zelda characters. That's unimportant. I laugh pitifully at cosplayers in general. They always seem to have no life. Even more than me. 

But these girls... Let it be known that I harbor no lustful thoughts for them. I just like to look at their cute faces. They always make me giggle. No, I don't imagine them naked, I don't imagine doing nasty stuff to them. I just like to look at their faces. GiggleGiggleGiggle. 

The left one is rather androgynous but her smile... God, her smile! I tell you, most people would look thousands of times better when they're smiling. But then again, some look more horrendous. Her smile could rival Mona Lisa's but that's not really fair, is it? Mona Lisa's smile says, "I'm thinking of that secret we both share."; Left girl's saying... I don't know what. I scrolled up to the picture for reference and started giggling again.

The right one have that "Ooh! Bunnies!" look that's priceless. That also make me giggle like a little girl. 

GiggleGiggleGiggle

I wanted to lament how I could not seem to want to write about anything but religious restrictions and to write a fiction but... oops, glanced up and giggled again.

Ihihihihihihihihihihihihi

Edit: One thing I absolutely hate about blogspot is how they don't widen your column when you put a big pic. I had to do this manually.

3 comments:

the mosaicist said...

ooh! i remember these girls! haha! why la ko selalu depressed time winter eh? dulu zaman2 bored magazine ngko pun time2 winter ko selalu down. isnt it supposed to be all warm and happy and christmas-y as ppl engulf themselves in the joy of giving 'tis holiday season or whatever? :D hehe. go and get urself some candy canes!

i know this 'sickness precognition' as you've described. you're not really sick enough to actually go to the clinic, but at the same time you don't feel well enough to go to class. tak best, i know.

Fuzzy A! said...

It's called winter depression or, to be more technical, seasonal affective disorder for a reason, ms mosaicist.

I think the real purpose behind Christmas and the different winter solstice festivals celebrated all around the world is to fight winter depression.

Fuzzy A! said...

And I've never felt well enough to go to class since the second day of Sekolah Darjah Satu Timbang Rasa Ok.