Friday, July 10, 2009

Bad Movie Reviews

I'm dead bored so, I'm gonna write short reviews for bad movies now.

17 again



If there's a movie more blatantly try to milk its cash cow, please show it to me.

Rather than doing it subtly, the movie producers were probably saying, "Fuck it, nobody with an IQ higher than 3 is gonna watch this movie. Put more Efron. And while you're at it, put a half-naked Efron with his hippie armpit hair as the opening shot. A sweaty half-naked Efron with his hippie armpit hair."

The only reason I watched it was that I thought Chandler Bing was going to be involved more. With a storyline you can see miles away, jokes you predicted 2 seconds into the movie [except for Ned's antics], dialogues you could probably recite without even watching the movie, the Powers that be decided they HAVE to throw in the older generation's misconception that being wigger is cool.

Seriously, they were marketing this solely to brain-dead teenage bimbos. The world must be 57% populated by them, since that's the percentage at Rotten Tomatoes.

This is my first Efron movie. This is my last Efron movie. Undoubtedly, he's pretty and his body make me look at my tummy in self-loathing but with acting like that, who needs a shotgun against one's temple?


Comolot



Lutlut countered my Starcrossed with Comolot. Starcrossed is a beautiful movie with themes of true love, social pressure and a message that I can't decipher till now. Comolot is about gay malays.

The storyline, if you can call it that, is your fiancee caught you showering with another guy. You explain it to her, you get married the next day and then your boyfriend crash your wedding and whisk you off. That's it.

The acting can only be described as a typical malay movie acting. Shocked faces weren't shocked. Sad faces were angry. Hell, chasing your fiancee is more of a stroll.

Dialogues? The Jigsaw Killer rigging electric drills to slowly approach my ears is like a Wagnerian piece compared to that.

The direction is surprisingly great. I mean, assuming the director is a retard who has been dropped too many times on his retarded head as a retarded child, that is. The jerkiness of the scene shifts and the fact that the 'true love' is a recollection of you showering together should give you the same assumption.

Message: Malay girls are so stupid they'll still marry you even if they find you unpassionately caressing another guy lathered in soap.


You can find Comolot on Youtube but then again, you can also sodomize your 3-day old kitten. I wanted to write your 3-year-old brother but that's too sick.

9 comments:

mlh said...

tak boleh blah review comolot kau. terkekek-kekek aku tahan gelak. Did you get the version with or without the Anuar Zain soundtrack?

Fuzzy A! said...

I didn't hear any guy sounding voice. Apparently not kot. You bastard.

the mosaicist said...

weh i want to watch this starcrossed thingy kat ne nak cari?

Fuzzy A! said...

i can give you... if you tak sombunk sama aku

~An9eL~ said...

I forgot to give you the other Chandler BINGGGGG movie.

idontlikemondays said...

hahahaha. i was bored and youtube-d comolot myself. oh my goodness! to think that mislina mustaffa was the acting coach, if i were her i'd be too embarassed to have my name associated with this. i saw osman ali's name there as well.. hope sure as hell he wasnt involved in this some point or rather. horrificly bad! kesiannn.. HAHAHAHAH.

L said...

"17 again."

urgh just shoot me.

L said...

and oh btw, hey, i'm a malay girl too! -.-'

Fuzzy A! said...

Lico: Chandler BING! and Miss Chanandler Bong have always been my favorite Friend.

Idon'tlikemondays: Betui betui I don't know these names you said. I'm really not up-to-date with Malaysian art scene.

Ampang girl: I know! I can't believe Roger Ebert gave it 3 stars and call Efron's acting good! My favorite critic has gone senile, methinks. Also, in keeping up with Michael Jackson's death hype thing, if you wanna be my brother, it doesn't matter if you're black or white.