Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cikgu aku gempak

I've always been the teachers' pet for almost all subjects since my secondary school, I think. I don't know, maybe I'm just lovable and cuddly in nature. Maybe it's because I pay attention when they speak and seriously, people our age don't do that no more.

Nah, it's the cuddly thing.

So, anyway, my favouritest teacher in high school was this one lady named Pn Rawiyah Mustaffa Kamal. And, like everyone in high school, she first referred to me as Dahlia's brother. You'd think that'd be something to be annoyed about but seriously, EVERYBODY referred to me as Dahlia's brother. Even some of my friends who I knew for so damn long. Haha.

And at first I thought the Kamal at the end of her name is just something people add, that is to say, there was quite a famous actor back then named Mustaffa Kamal and everytime I hear the name Mustaffa, I make a mental addition of Kamal. You know, like Colonel and Sanders, Ronald and McDonald and so on. I thought everybody did it. Haha.

Everybody loved the BM teacher and that's a rare ocassion in our class. The sports-metallica jocks liked her. The group of Malay girls liked her. The numerous pengawases loved her. Hell, even the cool chinese gang at the back of the class loved her. This is a BIG thing, since they seemed like they have a problem with every single one of our teachers.

'02-'03 were the years of WWF and the thing that was shown back then was Raw is War! and Pn Rawiyah was often referred to as Pn Raw. And I don't know why but I doodled a caricature of her [It was my I-wanna-be-a-comic-artist stage] and scribbled under there Raw is War! Needless to say, she discovered it and that earned me an ear twisting. One of the guys sitting at the back of the class brought a camera, I think it was the last week of school, and that moment was immortalized forever in our senior year's Gemala magazine.

After leaving SMKSU, I tried to set up lunch/high tea with her and my friend her daughter but I guess time was never on our side. At one point, me and Amni, her daughter, that is, even toyed with the idea of a picnic, haha. Oh well. There's always this summer.

And Amni just told me that Pn RAW has a blog!!! Bimbo mode commencing- Like, OMGary! I'd be super scared if my parents ever discover blogging. They'll be, like, all up my space and whatnot. Like, whatever! - Bimbo mode end

What is the purpose of this post? I don't know. I just feel like sharing it. It's my blog so shut up if you don't like it. I guess, it's a tribute. I would have written in BM but my BM is so bad I'd insult Pn Raw.

Blogspot's acting weird now and I can't add a pic of her here. Oh well.

5 comments:

darly said...

hi Dahlia's brother. haha you made it sound as if it was an insult to be known as my brother. hahaha but yes, Pn. Raw is one cool teacher. Another one is Tan Pek Ngoh. Haha Btw, Tan Pek Ngoh is now Oley's guardian angel. hahahaha. adoi

Fuzzy A! said...

omg do you know pn raw has her own blog? www.deermk.blogspot.com

Bil said...

geli geleman when i read the first paragraph, luckily i had the guts to continue reading. i didnt get the chance to be taught by pn. raw, so i dont know her that much, however i'll check out her blog later. put me in ur link! i changed my layout and my whole links has gone... :(

Bil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fuzzy A! said...

eh kamu yang tak malu! Iya lah iya lah aku add..

ala.. engkau jeles je cikgu sayang kat aku. Haha.