Sunday, February 15, 2009

Let the Stormy Cloud Chase Everyone from the Place

Saw this in a friend's post and just had to finish it but Zazanazi always sets her comments off when posting interesting pieces.

"Death, is much like the dark stormy skies. You kinda always knew that the rain will come pouring down, but it isn't until the beading drops wet your face will you realise the full extent of such possibility."

Extension: 
There are pretty much two options when that happens.
Would you drop everything and start dancing in the rain? 
Would you start running in the futile attempt to stay dry?

I despairingly hope for the former but who could know? Until those metaphorical drops drench one's face, one couldn't know. Will the drops be cold and painful? Will the tears of heaven be cool and refreshing? Will one smile in the face of death or stand petrified?


Oh well, since I can't know these things, why bother thinking about it, eh?






Except that I can't help it.

2 comments:

the mosaicist said...

an uncle died yesterday.

and i just find it funny that i took it like a smack to my face when he's been sick since forever. why on earth did i find it shocking when he was in a coma shortly prior, and when we have always kinda knew that his time is almost up?

tu la kot...kita tahu je semua orang akan mati. tapi it's not until org tu pergi baru kita rasa macam: oh, mati tu macam ni rupa-rupanya.

and i wish when it's my turn i'd react in the former manner too.

Fuzzy A! said...

Sorry for your loss.

My grandma died just a few days before I came back last year. But as Kimmy would say, c'est la vie, eh?

Now and then, I'd think about going back to Kelantan, the Kota Bharu house, how I can celebrate raya there next two years and I had to remind myself that that house is empty now. Hell, I don't even know if they'd sell it. I surely hope not.

God, I miss her so much...